Pictures courtesy of Catholic News and Herald
- Praying for our priests daily.
- Sacrificing for their intentions, health and joyful priesthood.
- Offering the rosary, Holy Hours, Stations of the Cross, litanies, novenas and private prayers.
- Responding to our priests with encouragement and support.
- Supporting and praying for our seminarians.
- Encouraging vocations to the priesthood and to religious life.
“The priestly vocation is essentially a call to sanctity, in the form that derives from the Sacrament of Holy Orders. Sanctity is intimacy with God; it is the imitation of Christ, poor, chaste and humble; it is unreserved love for souls and self-giving to their true good; it is love for the church which is holy and wants us to be holy, because such is the mission that Christ has entrusted to it. Each one of you must be holy also in order to help your brothers pursue their vocation to sanctity.”
Blessed John Paul II, Rome, Italy, October 9, 1984